<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10833476\x26blogName\x3dWelcome+to+the+Zoo!!!!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4757761124171291552', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Welcome to the Zoo!!!!

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Ooooh.... Aaaaah...

Well the 4th of July was completely uneventful, no screaming child during the fireworks, no burns or disfigurements in my neck of the woods. Gavin did wonderfully, watching all the fireworks with quiet excitement, just staring, with the occasional arm wag... almost like he was trying to catch them. Toward the end of the display, he was soooo tired, but holding on with everything, so as to not miss anything. Finally, in the car on the ride home, about 2 miles from home, he fell asleep. He was still unconscious at 7:00 am when I left for work, and pretty much still OUT when Husband got him up at 7:30 to go to the sitter.

Poor little guy is so tuckered out to begin with. We went camping this weekend. If anyone with a small child is considering camping with a child under like 2, please please pay attention. DO NOT DO IT!! It was an absolute nightmare. The showers were either steaming hot, or freezing cold, depending, making it impossible to stick the little dirt eater in them to wash. I spent most of my days saying "No, Gavin. Hot!" Both to the fire pit and the grill. He ate numerous bugs, which, so what? What's a little immune system builder with a kick of protein? It just wasn't the best time. We camped with our church group. In years past this has been quite a bit of fun, staying up into the wee hours playing cards and bullshitting around the picnic table. This year, there was more snobbery. There was no Mass to celebrate that we were all there together, and no community breakfast or dinner to get together either. It was all very separated. Besides the fact that I need to be awake in the wee hours, not just making it to bed.

And it's hard with an 11 month old, to go camping. Everyone wants to spend the entire day at the beach, but I can't with Gavin. Nature walk anyone? Not with a stroller. Bike ride? Not in this hilly campground with 25 lbs of chunkiness on the back of the bike. I just can't do it.

Thinking back to my teenage days, I could have done it all, and did. I camped at the same campground when I was a teen, and walked every nature trail, rode every hill, and even stopped and waded through the woods to the hidden areas of raspberries and mulberries. I was unconcerned about mosquitos and even less about the showers. Who needs a stinking shower?? Only to get back to camp and slather on more sunscreen and bug spray. Camping was fun when I was younger, and the campgrounds were endlessly huge. Now they are small, cramped spaces, with people all around, loud people who are inconsiderate of 'quiet time' and of people who dislike dogs. The neighboring campers to our right were terrible with that. They had 4 dogs on their site, which is fine. But please, keep them on a leash. Especially when you look over and see a baby. Besides the fact that my sister is scared to death of dogs.

I cannot wait until this weekend to begin my 9 days of vacation. Gavin and I will be going to get pictures taken, both for his 1 yr pictures, and for his mommy to have pictures of me and him together. I would like to do some sort of mommy and me set of pictures so that I can hang it on his wall. We will certainly see how creative I get between now and then. Maybe I'll channel Echo's spirit and see if I can't get some creative help. I am not sure of what else I will be doing during my vacation, other than pictures. I would like to visit a friend of mine, since she would like me to cut her hair, and everyone else's hair in the house. I really need to get some things done around the house so that I am prepared for Gavin's 1st birthday party to be on time. Or at least close to it.

I am desperately trying to remember all of the awesome things I want to talk about. I think of them while I'm laying in bed. That's where I do my best thinking. If ever I come across something that I just cannot figure out, I lay in bed and try to sleep. Guaranteed, I will think of an answer. I am very fortunate that I am able to think quickly on my feet, as well as think more in depth while processing my day at the end of the day.

Oh and, the waitlist for RN clinicals is a year and a half long, at least. I am seriously considering transferring, finishing my bachelors, then clinicals at the new school. The new school has a different program, it's not first come first serve on the clinicals. They put the ones with the highest grades and test scores in front of everyone else, so I may try to do that. It will really all depend on cost ratio. Right now I am paying for everything completely out of pocket because I do not qualify for any financial aid. Okay, well, I qualify money wise, but I screwed off my first year, then quit for a while, and am now back, so I don't qualify grade wise, yet. I am working really hard to get that fixed. Hopefully by the winter semester I will get something, instead of shelling out more money on the credit card for classes.

Oh well, I rambled long enough. I have started keeping a notebook next to my bed, so that when I have a great idea to write about, I am writing it down, so that I don't forget. Hope everyone has a wonderful day. :-)

2 comment(s):

No children under five camping, I mean it! It's pure misery!

I, too, am worn out, so I totally feel for you all.

I can't wait to see your pics!

By Blogger Christi, at 7/05/2006 3:03 PM  

Wow, I had thought of going camping, but I'm taking your word for it! I love Grace, don't get me wrong, but it is VERY different having kids, isn't it? Especially young toddlers!
:-)
Great idea on the journal by the bed... I might need to try that too. I write/think great things on my way into dreamland!!

By Blogger KatieJoeandGrace, at 7/07/2006 3:00 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home