<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10833476\x26blogName\x3dWelcome+to+the+Zoo!!!!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4757761124171291552', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Welcome to the Zoo!!!!

Monday, July 03, 2006

Camping Adventures

So, Husband and I took Gavin camping this weekend. What a joke that was. We went camping with our church, and in years past it's been a whole lot of fun. Well, this year, it sucked. The campground has 2 bathrooms to service the entire LARGE campground. Over 100 sites, large. Anyways, the showers were either boiling hot or freezing cold, no in between, and I will not stick Gavin in either. His little dirty legs, knees and arms were in need of a good scrubbing. As was his little winkie, since every time I took off his diaper, he stuck his dirty little paws on it and was tugging. He's all boy I tell you. I keep telling him that he only gets one set, not to pull on them so hard. But he isn't listening. So, anyways, I left the campground to go to a friend on mine's house to bathe him. We got there, and decided to break down the camp and just stay there, so that's what we're doing. Husband went home last night, because he had to work today. Well, then after he got home, unpacked everything, washed a load of laundry, took a (warm) shower and was just settling down to chill out until bed, his dad calls and says that they aren't working today. BASTARD!!! We could have stayed till Tuesday.

Anyways, I was bored stupid camping, because everyone kept taking off from the site. My parents were down at the beach all day every day. Which is typical, but I cannot take and keep Gavin there all day. Especially since he isn't sleeping real well because of the camping. So, we stayed at the site and just sat around bored. Not very fun. That's the other reason why I stayed at Kathy's last night. Gavin slept while we were driving around the campground looking for showers, then slept in the car (with the windows down) for a half hour, slept all the way to Kathy's, woke up while there, was awake through breaking down camp, and fell asleep on the way back. I took him out of the car, put him in bed, and he never moved once, even this morning when I got out of bed to go to work. He was a tired little boy. I think he might be getting sick, though, so I'll have to keep an eye on it.

I'm working today until 3 then back to Kathy-Lou's house. I have tomorrow off, then work Wed, Thur, Fri, and then have the whole next week OFF. I told work not to call me, I refuse to answer, I'm even turning my phone completely off for the week. This office should efficiently fall apart. Not my problem. I can't wait.

Anyways, enough rambling for now. And I was going to post pics, but blogger sucks ass right now. I've uploaded them 3 times, and everytime they disappear, so I'm done for now, I'm pissed. I'll load them later or tomorrow.

1 comment(s):

Oh well. I was going to call you, but since you're turning your phone off...

Yeah, I could have told you that taking a tiny guy camping was BAD NEWS. We took TJ camping, and that was hard enough. I couldn't imagine taking Taryn. It was hard enough to get drunk with TJ there, especially with him waking up (oh, and it rained the whole time, that REALLY SUCKED!)! Yeah, it's probably no good till he's about 6 or older, I'm guessing.

By Blogger Christi, at 7/04/2006 12:32 AM  

Post a comment

<< Home