<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d10833476\x26blogName\x3dWelcome+to+the+Zoo!!!!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://effingreat.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4757761124171291552', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Welcome to the Zoo!!!!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

MOBILE!!

I am so not ready for the baby gates and closed bathroom doors. Yesterday I had the bathroom door open, and next thing I knew I heard water splashing. I yelled at Stoopid dog, thinking she was drinking out of the toilet. But no, it was Gavin, playing in the toilet. YUCK!! Hubby forgot to close the door again. We're going swimming tonight. Pookie, if you wanna go, call me at work.... 1-800-332-6776. Option 3, I think.

Anywho, Gavin's 7th tooth is coming in nicely, and I'm kinda waiting to see if the other one on the other side comes in too. There was no whining this time like last time. Last time there were bumps on the gum and stuff. This time, nothing, just whiney and running a fever.

SO I have to rant for a minute!! I am a born and raised Catholic. I go to church pretty regularly. Now the other day at church (sunday duh) they decided to start implementing all these new changes in the diocese. Now, I realize that as Catholics you have to be prepared for a certain amount of rigid order blah blah blah. BUT for the last 25 years, there have been certain things done, that they are all of a sudden changing. For instance, our priest has always sat WITH the congregation, as PART of the people, not better than the people. Now, he will no longer be allowed, he has to sit in front of church in a 'president's chair' almost like he's watching us. Also, there will be much kneeling and probably the best part of all... Sr. Sharon does't get to give Homily any more. Only priests get to preach from now on, so she's done talking. I love that. She's obnoxious and talks in circles. She could get the entire Homily done in 10 minutes, but instead decides to stretch it to 20 by talking in circles. Obnoxious. We're stop and go quicky Mass types. We like the 50 minute Mass. I think that the attempt to robotize us is ridiculous. The only thing that I like about being Catholic, is if I am away, say for Ash Wednesday. I can attend any Catholic church and not be lost. Everything is basically the same, Rigid order blah blah blah. And now I'm not sure that I even want to keep going to church. V opposed to change. But it's not like I can change churches either to get away from it, it's every church in the area. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. Maybe I'll go next week just to make sure it's dumb, then decide.

So hopefully everything went great for Christi who was moving yesterday. The excitement was killing her. Er, um I meant exhaustion. :-)

Alright enough rambling for now. Back to work!

3 comment(s):

maybe church will be better, you never know.
Change is always hard, but most of the time I find that it is better.

I'm with ya on the teething. Grace's molars have been the worst... only one more (I think, I can't keep up!) :-)
have a great day!

By Blogger KatieJoeandGrace, at 6/20/2006 8:58 AM  

The move went pretty well. Thanks for thinking of me! I was frustrated the whole day (I packed my happy pills...NOT helpful!). It took FOREVER to load the truck, but it got done. It was exhausting, but hey, when is moving not exhausting?

Anyway, I feel you on the church thing. I remember a long time ago when they added the greeting part to my Lutheran church service where you have to shake hands and stuff, and I was livid. Of course, now I'm used to it, but I didn't like it for a long time. Now that we've moved, I'm actually thinking of going back to that church, but I'm not sure. I think I might check out some other ones first. I want somewhere that has cool stuff for my kids to do, and plenty to offer for them as well as me.

By Blogger Christi, at 6/23/2006 4:13 PM  

You could always go Protestant. Remember the guillotine in front of my church? Anglican is only a step down from Catholic; actually, it's kind of like "diet Catholic." (Just kidding). Or, if Guy will grow a beard, you can be an Eastern Orthodox.

-Jessie

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/05/2006 10:49 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home